ALD Automotive has a new version of extranet for fleet managers and drivers (FleetMonitor).
Description of the solution
The solution involved enabled establishment of a “web-based” application with an intuitive and easy to navigate user interface, where users, via their dashboards, select a required report or allow access to driver training. The request is made through a website and submitted to Oracle Report Server; the request is then passed back.
The original goals of the extranet are retained, improved and extended:
- user access management (for the driver) carried out directly by the client, with the option to set user roles for various functions (for ALDs, key administrative tasks are reduced, and greater efficiency in setting up customer access);
- various types of reports and an overview for fleet managers – PDF, TXT, XLS, CSV;
- addition of access to legally compulsory driver training;
- no costs for acquiring a licence for operating SW – existing licences are used (applies in particular to used DB and application servers);
- FM is accessible to authorised users with an Internet connection, without the need to set up their SW or HW;
- FM is protected against unauthorised use, and includes a secured log-on with SMS assistance (so there is no need to remember a password); individual log-on access is in place.
The system was set up so it would be possible in the future to add new reports, depending on the requirements of new services of ALD Automotive.
More than 15,000 customers have enjoyed greater speed and user-friendliness with regard to access to information, and user convenience has also been improved, thus contributing to improved customer satisfaction.
The project met the requirements set for it and laid the foundation for further development. The development was carried out by the agreed deadline, and in compliance with the budget. An open system, with the option to develop it further, depending on the needs of the customer. Access via a web browser, without the need to instal additional software.