The company Wood&Company deployed a new version of the Helpdesk agenda implemented on the MS Sharepoint 2007 platform.
Description of the solution
Has already been done and the client's IT department would like to "try out" the solution but does not know how and for what (which agendas) to implement. The customer wants to participate in the implementation process to increase internal know-how of Microsoft SharePoint platform, helpful for both awareness for solving on demand and being a standardized platform for development and deployment of other agendas (and transition to MOSS).
Tools used for development:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 – Professional edition (C# programming language, design and implementation of Workflow using a built-in editor)
- .Net Framework 3.5 Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Tools: Visual Studio 2008 Extensions
- an internal Framework Olaf 3.0 for WSS 3.0 implementation support (special fields, repeating parts of WF, features, web parts)
Project deployment using an interactive method. There were a few cycles of comments and corrections from the first prototype to the final version deployed in the production environment. Project was deployed into an existing WSS 3.0 environment and it was necessary to meet conditions of the company’s security policy. The production environment was separated from the internet environment due to security policy, and deployment took place by installation directly at the customer's IT enviroment. The customer then took over the agenda administration by his internal IT department.
- management of requests on IT
- a better service for the internal „customers“
- an overview of speed and quality of response for CIO
- identification of weaknesses in the Report board process
- budget support
During the first month there were over 1000 requests recorded in HelpDesk. IT is able to guarantee taking care of requests in set time (by internal SLA). CIO is able to quantify requests to HR department (Human Resources), regarding amount and type. Employees became accustomed to the new system and use it regularly.