Extension of the user interface and map functions of the module related to the management of acceptance network of gas stations.
Description of the solution
The module for acquiring petrol station data communicates with services established in the Microsoft Dynamics Navision 2009 client environment. Regular data synchronisation is carried out with the local MSSQL Express database. The Google Maps API interface is used to display maps and for acceptance points (petrol stations).
Full use was made of the advanced functions and scripts of Google Maps API for searches and for displaying locations. Specially designed SQL procedures were used for searches for local acceptance points and paths.
The graphics and functional specification of the interface were designed so that they were fully in keeping with the existing interface of the Eurowag client section, and corporate identity was retained in all of the graphic elements. In the client section the graphics also accommodated the placing and form of the operating features, including checks of the navigation logic in web page browsing and in using module functions.
The “Acceptance network – Fuel” interface provides user functions for searches, administration, saving in lists and for export of specific petrol stations, favourites lists or whole routes.
New main functions:
- petrol station search by area,
- route planner with search for petrol stations along the route,
- saving and downloading a favourite petrol station, based on the controller’s subjective criteria,
- saving and downloading lists of petrol stations, based on the controller’s subjective criteria,
- saving and downloading favourite routes, based on the controller’s subjective criteria,
- generating and exporting routes to a PDF brochure or CSV table format,
- generation and exporting a list to a PDF brochure or CSV table format.
The project was met the proposed three-month schedule, and all the required functionalities required were delivered. The client received a fully configurable system, featuring programmer documentation, which was one of the basic building blocks for further development and modernisation of the application.