Design and Management of Design System
"Setting up design system enables us create web applications x10 faster and with only ¼ of the team."
- Do you develop multiple stand-alone systems or build a platform for partners and third parties?
- Do you have several separate development teams, regardless if internal or from supplier/s?
- Are you long term interested in how to improve customer experience?
- Do you plan bigger design changes across the company?
If so, we can help you design and develop design systems more efficiently. We will create a structured set of components and principles that will help teams create faster digital products. We will take care of its long-term maintenance and implementation into individual development teams.
- Definition of design system goals, we will find key users and map their needs.
- Revision of existing User Interface (UI), we shall collect existing components and styles of existing systems.
- Definition of basic principles and rules of your digital products.
- We will create UI component catalogue, which contains description of component usage, developer source codes, and designer libraries.
- Supervision of maintenance of design system development.
The output is online documentation using our template that includes:
- Rules - principles, how the design is to affect users, what are the design system goals, and what the rules for system maintenance are. It also defines the tools used by design and development teams.
- Styles - Templates describe the visual characteristics (colours, fonts, logos, illustrations)
- Components and functional elements - a catalogue of UI components or blocks, usage rules and codes for their deployment.
- Online documentation of your design system
- Saving designers and developers' time in development and maintenance
- Continuous supervision and team training
More consistent UX for users, each system follows similar rules that are in compliance with customer brand. Important in "omnichannel " approach or if the client is planning a bigger rebranding / redesign.
Cost savings for design and development
Design phase saves time of UX/UI designers who do not need to rethink the look of the interface. It also saves time for the front-end developers (HTML/CSS/JS), who just pick up ready-made pieces of the code.
Unification of outputs from different vendors
Individual vendors deliver designs that are consistent with each other, cutting the approval process, and thus speeding up development time.
Faster preparation of the prototype application in the final graphical appearance. The client can quickly get the design of the system, which is prepared for usability testing.
More responsive, more efficient and more accessible experience.
Changes, expansion and improvement in the course of time.